South of Broadway Theatre Company
South of Broadway opened its doors in North Charleston's Olde Village in 2003, and for several years focused on children and youth programs. It was a great way to build relationships with the community and create an audience for live theatre in the North Area. In 2009, SOBTC expanded to include adult mainstage performances, and finally achieved a reputation for quality, edgy, and thought-provoking professional theatre.
Today, South of Broadway is a full-service theatre company providing:
- Nine months of live theatre performances, August - May
- Three sessions of summer camps throughout June, July and August
- ShowBiz School offers a variety of professional classes and workshops for all age groups
- Outreach and Educational programs including:
- "My Ticket to the Arts" donates tickets to the under-served populations in the tri-county area
- "Summer in the City," our month-long summer program in NYC, where we reside at The Juilliard School.
".....a mainstay of South Carolina Theatre" --The New York Times, 3/24/2013
Box Office Phone: (843) 745-0317